Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011 – 8 Tracks












Remembering 8 Track Tapes always makes me cautious when the latest iGadget comes along. When my friends are a buzz over some new thing I reflexively make the same cynical remark over and over, “It’s the new 8 Track….” Once in a while I am even right. When you think of how large and clunky an 8 track was and the amount of music we now can fit into such a small little device, it is pretty cool. The way we acquire, store and play music has radically changed in the last 30 years and especially in the last 10 years. Yet with all the changes, we still are listening to the same music that used to be available on 8 Tracks. Well, not always, I can’t imagine many people are still listening to the Bay City Rollers or Tony Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment