Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 5, 2011 – Panhandle Deconstructed





















I like to get a decent walk in every day, weather permitting. I haven’t owned a car in 25 years. One of the truly “European” features of San Francisco is the ability to live well here without a car. On some days running around doing errands, etc. will get my walk in. Other days I walk to and around Golden Gate Park. I am a few blocks from the Panhandle so I quickly can be in the “park zone.” My walk varies but I do have a standard route. Out on the paths along Oak Street back on the north side of the Panhandle along Fell. I turn around at the Conservatory of Flowers. According to Google Maps the walking distance is 3.4 miles and should take 1 hour and 9 minutes. I have long legs and do it in just under an hour, if I don’t make any stops.

For today’s piece I deconstructed the map of my standard walk into 16 parts, each approximately one inch square.

No comments:

Post a Comment