Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29, 2011 – Map of the Future?












As the year on the calendar winds down it is natural to become reflective and look back over the past 12 months while thinking about what 2012 will bring.

2011 has been a lean year for many of us. It was all about being home. I barely have traveled beyond California. It’s been about eating in, having friends over and living frugally. Many of us seem to be in that mode and it’s been that way for quite some time. That said it’s been an amazingly productive year for me. I still haven’t grasped how much art I have actually created this year. My art has also probably reached more people in 2011 than in any other year — in person, online and in the press with articles in the U.K. and Italy. Even some of my sales in this lean year have lead to my art heading overseas.

As this phase of the 2011 Project ends, I wanted to do one more map piece. It serves as a prototype for a new pattern I’ll play with in 2012. It also contains some places I’d like my art to go in the future and hopefully I’ll be traveling with the art. To the coming year…

No comments:

Post a Comment