Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 2011 – Reverse Collage













As the 2011 Project is winding down I keep looking at the wall filled with art and realizing there are certain things I have to include in the work. This project would not be complete without a reverse collage. Reverse Collage is a process I developed back in the 1990’s. I work in reverse from front-to-back on Plexiglas. More about the process and some examples can be seen on my website tofuart.com. It was one of those experiments that turned out well. I know I am not the first one to paint on glass but I later learned that I was credited with inventing the term Reverse Collage. It’s gone so far as some craft supply company putting out a glue called Reverse Collage Glue – I was basically amused by that as there is no need for a special glue. See my blog about that product.

No comments:

Post a Comment