Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011 – My First and Favorite CD












Even back to the days when albums still meant vinyl, I always have purchased and listened to music the same way. Depending on how much I like the album, I tend to play it constantly for a period of days or weeks and move on to the next “new” thing. The ones I really like stay in rotation and make gradual reappearances. I do not think I am unique in the pattern. Ironically, the first CD I ever purchased 20 years ago, the day I bought a CD player, remains an all time favorite that I still listen to regularly. It was a release called The Legendary João Gilberto. The CD contains 38 original bossa nova tracks recorded between 1958 and 1961. It is perfect and flawless. A few years back I was able to see João Gilberto in concert, or I should say, bask in his presence. Today is João Gilberto’s 80th Birthday. Feliz aniversário!

No comments:

Post a Comment