Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16, 2011 – Kelp












Kelp seems to be the word of the day. It is the best, natural source of potassium iodide, which can inhibit radiation reaching the thyroid gland. The capsules have flown off the shelves. I got some kelp snacks, just in case the worst happens in Japan and we get an even bigger dose. It all is taking me back 25 years ago when I lived in Switzerland. It was during Chernobyl as radiation spread in pockets around Europe. It’s the same old misinformation and disinformation campaign. Alas, not all retro experiences are good ones.

As for kelp, let’s keep it beautiful. While I have never been diving, I have been to the Monterey Aquarium a bunch of times and I do love the kelp forest. A folder full of photos of the big tank and, at last a painting. It makes me want to take a little road trip down the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment