Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011 – Banana Seat





















I had a different idea for a piece in mind for today. Then I came across this sample of naugahyde. Blue glitter naugahyde to be more specific. What sort of fabulous cow must have produced this stuff? I’ve been saving it for a future project for a few years. It’s a sentimental thing – my first bike had a blue glitter naugahyde banana seat. The bike is long gone. Even if the bike still sat in some basement on the East Coast, I’d have the good sense not to ride it anymore. I know some folks think that it’s hip and cool to ride old, little kid bikes. For me, it’s just kind of silly. As silly as if I tried to fit my size 13 feet into an old pair of size 7 keds. It’s not going to happen. But I do have to say, the first time around, the banana seat was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment