Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011 – Crop Circles












No matter who made them, I’d say crop circles are most definitely art. That said it is art in the same gray area that street art often finds itself in? Is it art or vandalism? Are crop circles alien graffiti? Imagine the idea of teenage, little green hooligans flying around the galaxy tagging planets. Many if not all crop circles are certainly human made. More than a few pranksters have come forward to admit they made them. Still, there are some crop circles that are a genuine mystery. It’s just impossible to sift through most of the pseudo-scientific muck and new age nonsense. Most of the crop circle websites I found are fairly cheesy and reminded me of my visit to the space alien museum in Roswell, New Mexico. To quote the X-Files, “I want to believe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment