Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20, 2011 – Levi Strauss












San Francisco has always been a city that has attracted innovative and creative people. One of our earliest San Franciscans came up with something that has impacted so many of our lives. Frankly I can’t imagine my life without them. Back on this day in 1873, Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis applied for their patent on the copper riveted, denim pants we all call jeans.

I am a person that lives in jeans and in particular Levis. My only concern about my casual, sartorial choices is that someday, jeans may go out of style. What If no one wears jeans in the future? Will I end up some funny looking old man in jeans? I could end up like a 2050 version of Orville Redenbacher with his bowtie and suspenders. Lucky for me, I’ll be an old artist and can play the eccentric angle like Salvador Dali. In the meantime, I can change out of my paint splattered jeans now for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment